1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

War stories: for your eyes only

Discussion in 'CSO' started by RSS, Oct 11, 2016.

1. RSS

RSS New Member Member

There are few things that make for as amusing reading as an acceptable use policy. In some organizations that I’ve been through, it was clear that no one had ever read their unicorn-esque like policy document. Some of the components were clearly not something that could be implemented.

I have been met with the phrase “but, we have a policy” a few times. I said, “Great, can you show me who as read it?” After a long pause they said, “Well the are required to have read it."

This is why I used to chew on Advils like they were candy. Logic flows were broken in many places along the way. In one such organization there was a need to send out emails with important information for the entire organization on a fairly consistent basis. The assumption that was made from high atop Mount Olympus was that people were inherently good and would never dream of causing the company undue harm.

To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

Continue reading...