1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trying to stay ahead of the bad guys

Discussion in 'CSO' started by RSS, Nov 16, 2015.

1. RSS

RSS New Member Member

The end of Daylight Saving Time in the Northern Hemisphere signals the lateness of another year, and that means it’s budget time again at my company. I’m looking to fund some new ideas about how to keep us safe in an increasingly dangerous online world.

Now that I’ve been at my current job for a few years, I’ve had the opportunity to build a solid security infrastructure on my company’s network. My security information and event management (SIEM) system is running fine, and generating actionable alerts nearly every day. Patch management, which used to be something I had to struggle with, is now routine. The IT system administrators have the tools they need to deploy not only Windows updates, but software updates as well. Everything is being patched regularly. My staff have good tools for managing our data security technologies. Our malware detection and blocking tools are effective both on the network and on our computers, including the virtual machines. And our website and email filters are doing a good job of blocking unwanted content.

To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

Continue reading...