1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Topbeat, filebeat, winlogbeat

Discussion in 'Install Logstash and Kibana on a Windows server.' started by Gene, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Gene

Gene New Member Member

I finished getting through with getting topbeat, filebeat, winlogbeat installed and running with Kibana.

But my question is, how do I get them to read my log files as sample runs and can I customize them.

Also if I can get them to read the logs is there a specific directory I have to store them in?

2. sbagmeijer

sbagmeijer Machine

I apologise your post must have slipped past me so sorry for the late reply.

If you take my config as example (the one you get when you install the rpm):
    https://github.com/sbagmeijer/repository/blob/master/ulyaoth-filebeat/SOURCES/filebeat.yml

Under the "prospectors:" you can add multiple log files so for example I use for Hiawatha like this:

Code:
    paths:
      - /var/log/hiawatha/access.log
    input_type: log
    document_type: hiawatha-access
    And then if you want to make the logs more your own or look different in Logstash you have to look into the "Logstash filter" option and create a filter that fits for your log file.

I hope that helps a little.

(the above was a linux example but works exactly same on Windows)