1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Right back At YOU tech vendors: Our independent study of YOUR independent research

Discussion in 'Network World' started by RSS, Oct 7, 2015.

1. RSS

RSS New Member Member

While not as useless as PR pitches about technology companies cracking some other publication's Top 10 list, "independent" research reports commissioned by vendors are right up there.

I've lost count of how many times of late I've shot down pitches on such self-serving research, but in an attempt to try quantifying the scope of this issue I asked colleagues last week to forward me any such solicitations that they received, including for canned infographics. Some of my co-workers, unfortunately, had already jettisoned the pitches and emptied their trash before receiving my request, but the combined two dozen that they did send or that I received from publicity-hungry companies will at least give you a feel for this (I'm not including reports sent to us by research firms, not that I'm under any illusions of their work always being pure.)

To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

Continue reading...