1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

phpBB 3.1 and HHVM "WroteColon" - "reply with quote" issue

Discussion in 'Install phpBB using Nginx and HHVM on Fedora.' started by miras72, Feb 6, 2016.

1. miras72

miras72 New Member Member

After I installed phpBB +HHVM I have noticed a problem when I try reply with quote. In replay with quote instead "administrator wrote: is "administrator WroteColon. When the forum runs on a standard php5-fpm configuration, everything seems to work fine. Do you have this problem and you know how to solve it?

2. sbagmeijer

sbagmeijer Machine

Hi I have not noticed this, what OS do you use?
  3. miras72

miras72 New Member Member

I've installed all the same like in your tutorial. Fedora 21, phpBB 3.15. and HHVM. It was a fresh installation on virtualbox. I tried install HHVM on Centos 6.6 and phpBB 3.1.7-pl1 and always there is the same issue. Instead of the proper word "wrote:" is "WROTECOLON". When the forums runs on a php5-fpm is proper word "wrote:".
    Some one noticed the same issue: https://github.com/facebook/hhvm/issues/6245
  4. sbagmeijer

sbagmeijer Machine

I can confirm that it happens the same for me indeed I will make a notice in the guide about this bug.
    I moved to Xenforo so it took little for me to try it out :)

Thank you very much for letting us know!