1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Notes From Vienna: Deepsec & BSides

Discussion in 'CSO' started by RSS, Nov 23, 2015.

1. RSS

RSS New Member Member

It was a cold day in Vienna yesterday. It was simply wonderful to wander through the streets of the old city in search of great coffee. Soon I found myself sitting in the Cafe Central with a pot of coffee and my thoughts. This is a coffee shop that was once the hang out of none other than Sigmund Freud. Seemed like as good a place as any to reflect. In the proceeding days leading up to this point I had the privilege of being able to speak at the Deepsec and BSides Vienna conferences.

Both conferences were really well executed and an overall they were very enjoyable experiences. At the speaker’s dinner on Thursday night I found myself sitting with people from London, Paris, Rome, Krakow and others all discussing security issues. It was a marvel to me to see all of us sharing ideas with each other. What was even more poignant was that the need for us to do a better job at imparting security ideas with those outside of the sphere that we live in.

To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

Continue reading...