1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nextdoor: Tool for good or another paranoid cog in the spy machine?

Discussion in 'Network World' started by RSS, Jul 26, 2016.

1. RSS

RSS New Member Member

I’ve lived in some really great places as well as some that were not; at one point when I lived in a city that had been crowned most dangerous and had the most number of violent crimes, then I might have welcomed the community-based social networking app Nextdoor.

Dubbed a “private social network,” Nextdoor is a gated local community-based social network to share information about what is happening in your neighborhood. Users must prove they are a member of their neighborhood by entering a code received via snail-mail. Then they can access only the information pertaining to their neighborhood.

[​IMG] Nextdoor via Google Play

Although it launched in 2011, within the last month, Nextdoor has been in the news after even more police departments have joined; a few examples include the Delaware State Police, Louisville Metro Police, St. Joseph Police Department in Missouri, Boynton Beach Police and Leon County Sheriff's Office in Florida.

To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

Continue reading...