1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IIS not serving Kibana.

Discussion in 'Install Logstash and Kibana on a Windows server.' started by Soph, Oct 16, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Soph

Soph New Member Member

Hi. I followed your steps exactly also several times but i cannot seem to get IIS serving up Kibana. Not sure what i am doing wrong. Also, is IIS really needed? because i can get to kibana fine through port :5601. What is the purpose of IIS setup??

Thanks.

2. sbagmeijer

sbagmeijer Machine

If you cannot get IIS to show Kibana then the Reverse Proxy is not working, it is slightly difficult to say what could be wrong unfortunately but I would start to look at that part.

And yes IIS is not required if you just use it yourself or within a office and everyone knows the port etc. However if you wish to use Kibana over the internet then opening it directly against it could be a security risk and therefor a reverse proxy trough a webserver might be more advised.

Also Kibana doesn't support anything special, with IIS you can put authentication on top of the Kibana or anything else that might be useful within IIS.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2015
  3. Soph

Soph New Member Member

Thanks. I understand now. I will try again to get IIS working.