1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IDG Contributor Network: What are the traits to become an excellent security analyst

Discussion in 'CSO' started by RSS, Apr 26, 2016.

1. RSS

RSS New Member Member

Even if you have already crossed the threshold into IT or cyber security, where you began is likely not going to be where you end. Regardless, let it be your passion that determines the trajectory of your career.

Jeff Pollard, a principal analyst at Forrester Research, endeavored into the security field around 12 years ago the way most people found themselves in security—through standardized IT. “The company I was working for had a very small and focused software division. They won a contract with the state to process health care claims and needed to secure that, which intrigued me,” Pollard said.

[​IMG]

In the process, Pollard came across vulnerability assessments, which he said, “Led me to work as an industry service provider in pre-sales roles. I grew up at various vendors helping to scope and design and deliver and manage security services.”

To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

Continue reading...