1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IDG Contributor Network: STEM mentors put students on path to careers in security

Discussion in 'CSO' started by RSS, Mar 16, 2016.

1. RSS

RSS New Member Member

I registered my daughter for kindergarten last week. Parents have to list their top three school choices and hope that their child is assigned to the top pick.

Though we have several schools in our zone, we wanted either the neighborhood school or slightly further away school focused on the arts. I didn't have a third choice until I learned of the STEM school program and thought that perhaps this should be my top pick.

I'm a writer and a reader, which is why the arts program appealed to me, but when I learned of the STEM program, I had visions of my daughter growing up to be the most successful woman in cybersecurity.

Some might think that I'm off my rocker for trying to discern the trajectory of my soon-to-be-5-year-old daughter's career, but folks at Trustwave and LifeJourney would surely agree that training young students with the skills they need to become the next generation of cybersecurity experts is important.

To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

Continue reading...