1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IDG Contributor Network: Security awareness: Training moms and end users to spot a scam

Discussion in 'CSO' started by RSS, Jan 19, 2016.

1. RSS

RSS New Member Member

Char Yarema is of the generation of parents who did not grow up using technology, so her son, Jonathan Yarema, security consultant at Trustwave, has impressed upon her the importance of using caution and patience when surfing the web. Jon wrote about his mom’s experience in his Spider Labs blog post, and I had the chance to talk with the security duo to learn more about their story.

Char reminded me a lot of my own parents, who love the convenience and expansiveness of using the Internet but also fail to understand the potential threats that constantly lurk behind a computer screen. Just a few weeks ago, I received what was clearly a spam mail from my father. I called him to let him know that his email had likely been compromised as I had received said email with a subject that my dad would never have written. “What did the email say?” he asked.

To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

Continue reading...