1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IDG Contributor Network: How to use Anycast to provide high availability to a RADIUS server

Discussion in 'Network World' started by RSS, May 25, 2016.

1. RSS

RSS New Member Member

After months of issues, they have finally restored my access to my blog! After such a hiatus, it is my pleasure to bring this particular post. I'm certain many will find it at the very least cool in an "I'm a network geek" kind of a way, or even better: you will find it very educational and even leverage it in your own world.

This is a solution I have been wanting to write about for a long time now, and let's be clear—it is not mine. This entire post is owed to a long-time personal friend of mine who is also one of the most talented and gifted technologists roaming the earth today. His name is Epaminondas Peter Karelis, CCIE #8068 (Pete).

Pete designed this particular high-availability solution for a small ISE deployment that had two data centers, as is crudely illustrated by me in the below figure.

To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

Continue reading...