1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IDG Contributor Network: Go for the gold!

Discussion in 'CSO' started by RSS, Aug 31, 2016.

1. RSS

RSS New Member Member

This was the most exciting Olympics I have seen in a long time. Two weeks ago, we pulled over to a pizza place on a drive to Purdue University to watch Usain Bolt win the 100 meters. Seeing these remarkable athletes, I couldn’t help wondering how they got to the levels of achievement they demonstrate. So I researched it. Almost all of the careers I looked at showed the importance of continuous improvement. This method can also help you achieve excellence in your security program, if not to the Olympic stage.

In Simone Biles’ first competition in 2011 she place third all-around. In her next she placed 20th all-around. The next year she increased her training regimen and started on the path to gold. How about the aforementioned Bolt? His early sprint career was marked by both spectacular wins and losses. His coach Glen Mills advised him “…to learn to lose, because by doing so you could figure out what you needed to do to win” (Usain Bolt: 9.58, by Usain Bolt). Nastia Liukin, a 2008 gold medal gymnast, recommends that you “…strive to achieve something on a day-to-day basis”.

To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

Continue reading...