1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I went to RSA and all I got was a bunch of security reports...

Discussion in 'Network World' started by RSS, Mar 8, 2016.

1. RSS

RSS New Member Member

Amazingly enough, in my time here at Network World I managed to avoid attending the RSA Conference – usually it was because I was still recuperating from CES in January, but also because we had other security reporters/editors covering the show.

But this year was different – I’m now helping coordinate videos for both Network World and our sister publication/site, CSO. In this new role, RSA attendance was a given, so off I went to San Francisco to coordinate video coverage for both sites. Here’s a bunch of videos and insights from the show:

1) Data Encryption is growing, but some things are still surprising

With a ton of headlines surrounding the fight between Apple and the FBI and the locked iPhone from the San Bernadino attack, encryption was big on people’s minds. Interestingly, a lot of the vendors didn’t want to go on the record on camera to talk about the specifics of the case. I got statements like this: “[Vendor X] believes that the issues raised in the Apple case are important for the industry to discuss. We feel that these issues have been fairly debated and the public discourse should continue.”

To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

Continue reading...