1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HTTP Error 403.14 - Forbidden Error

Discussion in 'Install Logstash and Kibana on a Windows server.' started by Vishal Gakhare, Sep 22, 2015.

1. Vishal Gakhare

Vishal Gakhare New Member Member

I followed the exact steps in this guide but IIS complains that Directory Browsing is not enabled or default document is not configured. When I do any one of these 2 options, I can solve the error but I cannot get to Kiabana website (of course, I shouldn't have to do this.) I ran out of options what could be the issue.

FYI - when I launch the kibana from browser with kibana as self-hosted server, it works without any issue.
  2. Vishal Gakhare

Vishal Gakhare New Member Member

For some reason, the port was not responding. It worked when I changed the Kiabana's port.
  3. sbagmeijer

sbagmeijer Machine

Do you run perhaps Kibana / IIS on different server as then you probably would need to do Firewall openings.

If everything on runs on the same server and you can reach Kibana on port 5601 like "" then it would be very strange if IIS could not reach this unless you have some kind of system with limited permission? All my setup run on the same server (Kibana/logstash/IIS) is a single server.