1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hacking Team hacked by whom?

Discussion in 'CSO' started by RSS, Jul 21, 2015.

1. RSS

RSS New Member Member

I tried. $deity I tried not to comment on the story about the morally questionable firm dubbed "Hacking Team". But, then the spin came that they claimed they had been compromised by a foreign government. I can no longer sit on my hands and rock back and forth. When they made the claim that a foreign government had breached their network I slumped in my chair in amazement. After what has come to light with their use of laughable passwords and other things, I'm fairly certain that I will require someone with a mop and bucket to clean up now that my head has well and truly exploded.

When the emails from Hacking Team showed up on Wikileaks as a searchable archive, I know that many of us could not help but to have a peek. In that trove of data was laid bare the darker side of things. Selling to countries with horrid records of human rights abuses all the way through to airline loyalty card updates. It was horribly visceral. I had no sympathy for the company but, I felt the pain of having everything laid bare.

To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

Continue reading...