1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Groundhog Day Security

Discussion in 'CSO' started by RSS, Oct 29, 2015.

1. RSS

RSS New Member Member

I woke up this morning. Went downstairs to get a cup of coffee and stepped on a piece of Lego. Why does that happen so often?

Last week I sat in a restaurant in Munich listening to a security conversation at a nearby table that felt like it was from 1998. I was simply gobsmacked at the lack of comprehension that these two people seemed to possess. This is not to say that I’m fluent in German as these two people were in fact speaking English. They were apparently in some way associated with the field of Information Security but, it sounded like cats barking or a Kardashian discussing the finer points of the works of Jean-Paul Sartre.

I was overcome by a desire to jam a fork into my leg in order to keep myself from screaming only to discover the fork was already there. But, all kidding aside, how do we ensure that people are constantly updating their skill sets so that we are not inundated by the perpetual dunking birds? You know, the folks that learned a few things from the 90s but, never progressed beyond that point?

To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

Continue reading...