1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Giving back: Center for Cyber Safety and Education

Discussion in 'CSO' started by RSS, May 5, 2016.

1. RSS

RSS New Member Member

This year is the first time in three years that I have not served on the board of directors of (ISC)2. When my term ended and I decided to step aside and collect myself. It was a worthy endeavour in many ways. But the detractors, such as one glorified tool punk who was convinced that the realm of information security began and ended with his favourite 'click, click, next’ tool, finally wore me down. If you kick a dog enough eventually it won’t bark anymore.

Now, as I reflect on my time with the organization I’m seeing some of the highlights in sharper detail. One of the main highlights of the (ISC)2 organization was the creation of the (ISC)2 Foundation. The Foundation started in 2011 as a non-profit charity through which members and the public at large could contribute to scholarships for folks that want to pursue a career in the security field. Very recently the Foundation was rebranded and relaunched as the Center for Cyber Safety and Education.

To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

Continue reading...