1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Facebook’s Threat Intelligence Sharing Potential

Discussion in 'Network World' started by RSS, Aug 24, 2015.

1. RSS

RSS New Member Member

Enterprise organizations are actively consuming external threat intelligence, purchasing additional threat intelligence feeds, and sharing internally-derived threat intelligence with small circles of trusted third-parties. Based upon these trends, it certainly seems like the threat intelligence market is well- established but in this case, appearances are far from reality.

In my humble opinion, threat intelligence consumption and sharing is extremely immature today with the market divided by a few haves (i.e. large banks, defense contractors, large IT vendors, intelligence agencies) and a large majority of have-nots – everyone else.

This immaturity is illustrated by some recent ESG research (note: I am an ESG employee). A panel of cybersecurity professionals working at enterprise organizations (i.e. more than 1,000 employees) were asked to identify weaknesses associated with their firm’s threat intelligence consumption and sharing programs. The data indicates:

To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

Continue reading...