1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Drones, privacy and the war on intellect

Discussion in 'CSO' started by RSS, Apr 18, 2016.

1. RSS

RSS New Member Member

I’ve been a fan of drones for a while now. I enjoy messing about with them and I even have my own micro drone with a camera. Now, while I saw the I enjoy playing with drones I’ve always kept a keen eye not to get video of my neighbours backyards and so forth. I have no interest in that but, mistakes happen. So, I keep the drone below 20 ft and since my ability to keep the drone steady is suspect at the best of times. Safe to say that the video that I record with the drone is “Blair Witch Project” caliber.

Not too long ago the neighbours mentioned that there was a drone that was spotted in the neighbourhood. In this case it was clearly trying to peer into windows. I was out of town for this one but, I asked why they didn’t shoot it down. “Isn’t that illegal?” I paused, “I mean get a Nerf gun, sling shot or something like that to smack it down. Mental notes were taken and the drone has oddly never returned. I’m guessing that someone learned their lesson.

To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

Continue reading...