1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DOJ cracks San Bernardino shooter's iPhone

Discussion in 'CSO' started by RSS, Mar 29, 2016.

  1. RSS

    RSS New Member Member

    The U.S. government has managed to access the iPhone used by San Bernardino gunman Syed Rizwan Farook, bypassing a passcode that had the FBI stymied for several weeks.

    "The government has now successfully accessed the data stored on Farook’s iPhone and therefore no longer requires the assistance from Apple," the Department of Justice said in a court filing on Monday.

    The filing didn’t detail the method used to access the phone, but U.S. Attorney Eileen M. Decker said in a statement that it had been accomplished with the help of a third party.

    To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

    Continue reading...
     

Share This Page