1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do CISSPs make good life insurance agents?

Discussion in 'CSO' started by RSS, Jun 8, 2015.

1. RSS

RSS New Member Member

In January, I updated my profile on a popular job board. While the information security space is quite hot and my inbox was quite busy, I also got a number of emails from left field. Over the course of a few weeks, I also received over 25 emails from some of the most prominent life insurance firms in the US, including:

• Bankers Life
    • Aflac
    • Prudential
    • Allstate
    • New York Life
    • Northwestern Mutual
    • State Farm

The emails from the life insurance firms attempted to stroke my ego with statements such as:

• ‘We came across your resume posted online and are very interested in you as a possible candidate’
    • ‘I’m in charge of reviewing top local resumes and yours stood out to me’
    • ‘We found your resume on careerbuilder.com and we are very interested in you as a possible match for our Account Representative position’
    • ‘We believe you possess the skills necessary to join the Career Management Program’
    • ‘It is not every day I read a resume and think WOW!’

Did these firms see my CISSP and think: this guy was born to become a life insurance agent? Three of the life insurance firms wrote that I have unlimited earning potential. Which domain of the CBK is that?

To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

Continue reading...