1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Data breach at Missing Link leaves several vineyards with taste of plonk

Discussion in 'CSO' started by RSS, Jun 13, 2015.

1. RSS

RSS New Member Member

I have been collecting wine for over a decade now. And by collecting I mean that I would buy a bunch and it would not survive to see the end of the year. A short term collector if you will. I had always fancied the idea that one day I would own a small vineyard and enjoy my twilight years working the vines. Then it dawned on me that that is a lot of hard work. Nuts to that idea. I’ll just stick to drinking the wine.

What struck me about owning a vineyard is that there is a lot of other aspects to the business that a wine maker might not actually have the wherewithal to handle. First and foremost that springs to mind is the IT aspect of running a business like that. Wine makers are good at what they know best and that is making wine. That is their training and their passion. So, what is a proprietor to do? Enter the third party IT supplier. They will show up and provide all manner of services to get you up and running. Everything from a website to a email campaigns to backend systems.

To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

Continue reading...