1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cybersecurity Industry Predictions for 2016

Discussion in 'Network World' started by RSS, Jan 5, 2016.

1. RSS

RSS New Member Member

Happy new year everyone! Late last year, I wrote a blog with a few predictions for 2016 focused on threats and enterprise security. Here are a few of my additional expectations for the cybersecurity industry:

1. Cybersecurity skills shortage impacts the industry. I cited a bunch of troubling statistics about the global shortage of cybersecurity talent in another recent blog. Depending upon whom you believe, there will be 1 million or more cybersecurity job openings that remain unfilled in 2016. This shortage is already a problem for CISOs, look for it to become a growing headache for cybersecurity product and (especially) services vendors this year as well. Recognizing this issue, firms like Cisco, IBM, and Symantec are developing internship programs, partnering with Universities, and offering cybersecurity training to general IT professionals. Other large cybersecurity suppliers will do the same. As a side note to this problem, cybersecurity vendors seeking talent will be forced to invest in facilities outside of the Silicon Valley, good news for Atlanta, Austin, Boston, and Washington D.C. as well as India, Ireland, and the Philippines.

To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

Continue reading...