1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cybersecurity Canon and The Florentine Deception

Discussion in 'Network World' started by RSS, Jul 24, 2015.

1. RSS

RSS New Member Member

I first met cybersecurity veteran, Rick Howard, when he joined Palo Alto Networks as Chief Security Officer. During our discussion, Rick mentioned an idea he was promoting for a cybersecurity canon: A list of must-read books for all cybersecurity practitioners -- be they from industry, government or academia -- where the content is timeless, genuinely represents an aspect of the community that is true and precise, reflects the highest quality and that, if not read, will leave a hole in the cybersecurity professional’s education that will make the practitioner incomplete.

Rick’s notion of a cybersecurity canon hit home for a few reasons. I am an avid reader of cybersecurity books and am usually reading or re-reading something. And whenever someone asked me how they could learn about cybersecurity concepts, I would tell them to eschew text books and begin their education by reading more mainstream works like Cyberwar by Richard Clarke, Fatal System Error by Joseph Menn, Worm by Mark Bowden, and Kingpin by Kevin Poulsen.

To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

Continue reading...