1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Challenges around Operationalizing Threat Intelligence

Discussion in 'Network World' started by RSS, Sep 11, 2015.

1. RSS

RSS New Member Member

When it comes to threat intelligence, there seem to be two primary focus areas in play: The threat intelligence data itself and the legislative rhetoric around threat intelligence sharing (i.e. CISA, CISPA, etc.). What’s missing? The answer to a basic question: How do organizations get actual value out of threat intelligence data and threat intelligence sharing in a meaningful way?

As it turns out, the answer to this question isn’t obvious and many enterprises continue to struggle as they seek to “operationalize” threat intelligence. In a recently published ESG research report titled, Threat Intelligence and Its Role Within Enterprise Cybersecurity Practices, ESG surveyed 304 cybersecurity professionals working at enterprise organizations (i.e. more than 1,000 employees), and asked them to rate themselves in terms of their ability to operationalize threat intelligence (note: I am an ESG employee). The data indicates that:

To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

Continue reading...