1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BrandPost: Are You Ready to Trust the Cloud?

Discussion in 'CSO' started by RSS, Jun 7, 2016.

1. RSS

RSS New Member Member

Dublin on May 24 was a blast (or as they say in Ireland, “craic”). For those of you who missed it, this was the opening day of the 2016 SecureCloud conference hosted by the Cloud Security Alliance (CSA) and the European Network Information Security Agency (ENISA). Normally when I discuss the direction that cloud computing is taking, I state it will be used more for what we can describe as critical services. Admittedly there are many use cases in which this already happens, but it is not yet ubiquitous.

The host for SecureCloud was Brian Honan, my co-author for the CSA Guide to Cloud Computing. Brian had previously illuminated the fundamental challenge that we face with cloud computing. It was a couple of years ago, and I was presenting on the role of cloud computing within critical infrastructure. My co-author then sent an email to me with a link to a company that advertises a “cloud SCADA control system”. At the time, their website had a link to the security provided by their solution:

To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

Continue reading...